Hello, I’m stella.
Suddenly, do you know Kawagoe?
Kawagoe is called Koedo. What is Koedo?
Today, I will tell you about the charm of Koedo Kawagoe.
- Central part of Saitama Prefecture
- area：about 109 ㎢
- population：about 350,000 people
Kawagoe is called Koedo. Koedo means Little Edo.
There are many buildings with a history of hundreds of years like Edo. Kawagoe is a tourist destination where you can see the old town.
It is also known as the golf venue of the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Paralympic.
Access from Tokyo to Kawagoe is convenient to use a train.
- Kawagoe station (JR Kawagoe Line)：About 1 hour from Ueno Station
- Kawagoe station (Tobu Tojo Line)：About 40 minutes from Ikebukuro Station
- Honkawagoe station (Seibu Shinjuku Line)：About 1 hour from Seibu Shinjuku Station
Kurazukuri is the most famous tourist destination. It is a street with many old buildings.
The history of Kurazukuri began about 400 years ago.
Kawagoe prospered as a city of business when Tokyo was called Edo. It was a town where small companies gather.
Businessmen have built “Kura” to protect their products from fires and disasters. Kura is a building of the picture.
Tokinokane is a symbol of Kawagoe.Toki means time, Kane means bell. It is a bell to inform time.
Even now the bells still ring at 6 am, 12 am, 3 pm and 6 pm.
This tower was destroyed many times by war and fire, and was rebuilt approximately 150 years ago.
【Information on Tokindkane】
- address：15-7, Saiwai-cho, Kawagoe, Saitama
- It is open for 24 hours.
Would you like to experience Japanese history in Kawagoe？
You will surely like Kawagoe.